The aims of the RE with Soul resources complement those of the Understanding Christianity framework and the SIAMS schedule through offering teachers and pupils:
- enquiry-based units with supporting resources that enable pupils to ‘know about and understand aspects of Christianity as a living faith.’
- opportunities to explore the core Christian concept and teaching “Love your neighbour as yourself”, through the lens of values/global citizenship and engagement with Diocesan Companions overseas links.
- exploration of diversity within Christianity in Western and Non-Western communities
- opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in theological and religious literacy, ‘making sense of biblical texts and their impact on the lives of Christians’ through creative, citizenship-framed learning within global relationships
- opportunities for pupils and school communities to connect, critically reflect upon and apply their learning to their own growing understanding of religion and belief, themselves, the world and human experience through live relationships with local and overseas communities via Diocesan companions.
- exchanges through the British Council’s ‘Connecting Classrooms’ initiative.
The Understanding Christianity aims are highlighted in italics.
- Harnessing the potential of Diocesan Companions overseas links such, for example, ALMA, in providing a sustainable framework for rich, values-framed learning exchanges across the curriculum and through sharing classrooms
- Initiating ‘sharing classrooms and congregations’ such as those made possible via the ALMA network of relationships, to both enrich schools and churches partnerships here and in Africa, and between the nations
- Nourishing citizenship-rich RE teaching and learning at Primary and Secondary level, that has the potential to be transformational for teachers, learners and school and church partnerships
- Supporting the growth of RE with Soul learning partnerships further still through resourcing schools within the Diocese of London and other Diocese to give access to twinning relationships via Diocesan companions
- Demonstrating how global citizenship priorities provide for the development of enriched RE and whole school ethos through exploration of Christian belief, morality and spirituality, its impact and application
- Disseminating learning and ethos development, achieved through existing global partnerships
- Sustaining and extend existing ALMA and other Diocesan Companion partnerships