Introduction to Case Studies and Models of Excellence
Case studies: Love your neighbour, Water of Life, Harvest Explore! and related resources provide inspiration and a point of departure for other schools to enrich values-based RE enquiries into Christianity through live global partnerships.
The partnership between Twyford Academies in Ealing and Maciene School in Gaza Privince, Mozambique is offered as an effective ‘hub’ for exploring KS3 school links.
KS2 and KS3 Case Studies for RE with Soul:
- Document RE with Soul teaching and learning that has been successfully undertaken for KS2: through an ALMA partnership between a primary school, their local parish church and linked parish in Mozambique, and for KS3: via exchange between a secondary school and linked school and parish in Mozambique.
- Provide an insight into the practicalities for engaging with the ALMA RE with Soul approach to RE teaching and learning and exchanges.
- Illustrate a ‘values-framed’ focus for exploring Christianity, its diversity and values alongside Global Citizenship guidelines.
- Communicate the processes of critical thinking, creativity and reflection inherent in this unique pedagogical approach to exploring core aspects of Christianity.
- Provide evidence of values-framed RE which uses a range of enquiry-based skills to promote creativity and achievement including investigation, interpretation, analysis, evaluation and reflection.
- Demonstrate the benefits of harnessing the opportunities for creative partnership local and global through the Angola, London, Mozambique Association (ALMA) network.
KS2 Case Studies
These case studies describe and evaluate models for delivering an RE with Soul unit using a local church’s ALMA partnership. The partnership concerned in these examples is between a community primary school and parish church in Southall, and the parish church in Lichinga, Mozambique.
KS3 Case Studies
Models for Global Partnerships – sharing classrooms.
Twyford Academies’ partnership with Maciene School in Mozambique offers an example of a successful model of ‘sharing classrooms’, with resources both to help establish and maximise Global partnership education potential in school communities.