The following RE with Soul Primary case studies document RE with Soul teaching and learning that has been successfully undertaken in partnership with Primary Schools, via ALMA, the Companion Link for the Diocese of London, between a primary school, their local parish church and linked parish in Mozambique
ALMA supported a live link between a community primary school, their parish church in Southall, and the parish church in Lichinga, Mozambique.
Click on the links below to read the case studies and to enjoy galleries of pictures which document the creative learning process and outcomes.
Unit 1 Love your Neighbour – Blair Peach Primary School
Unit 2 Water of Life – Blair Peach Primary School
- ‘Water of Life Exploring Baptism’ case study
- extended reflection – stained glass project
- Gallery of Images – Water of Life
Unit 3 Harvest Explore – Edward Betham C of E Primary
These Primary Case Studies:
- offer an insight into the practicalities for engaging with or adapting the RE with Soul approach to RE teaching and learning and exchanges for your school or church.
- illustrate a ‘values-framed’ focus for exploring Christianity, its diversity and values through overseas partnerships linked to Understanding Christianity and SIAMS criteria. communicate the processes of critical thinking, creativity and reflection inherent in this unique pedagogical approach to exploring core aspects of Christianity.
- provide evidence of values-framed RE which uses a range of enquiry-based skills to promote creativity and achievement including investigation, interpretation, analysis, evaluation and reflection.
- demonstrate the benefits of harnessing the opportunities for creative partnership local and global through the for example the Angola, London, Mozambique Association (ALMA) network and other Diocesan Companions.