Models for Global Partnerships – sharing classrooms.
Twyford Academies’ partnership with Maciene School in Mozambique offers an example of a successful model of ‘sharing classrooms’, with resources both to help establish and maximise Global partnership education potential in school communities.
The partnership between Twyford Academies in Ealing and Maciene School in Gaza Privince, Mozambique is offered as an effective ‘hub’ for exploring KS3 school links.
KS3 Case Studies for RE with Soul:
- document RE with Soul teaching and learning that has been successfully undertaken for KS3: via exchange between a secondary school and linked school and parish in Mozambique.
- provide an insight into the practicalities for engaging with the ALMA RE with Soul approach to Global Citizenship teaching and learning and exchanges.
- illustrate a ‘values-framed’ focus for exploring aspects of Christianity, its diversity and values alongside Global Citizenship guidelines.
- communicate the processes of critical thinking, creativity and reflection inherent in this unique pedagogical approach to exploring core aspects of Christianity.
- provide evidence of values-framed Citizenship which uses a range of enquiry-based skills to promote creativity and achievement including investigation, interpretation, analysis, evaluation and reflection.
- demonstrate the benefits of harnessing the opportunities for creative partnership local and global through the Angola, London, Mozambique Association (ALMA) network.