Our aims – RE with Soul KS2 and KS3 resources offer:
- Enquiry-based teaching units with supporting resources
- Model case studies of RE with Soul teaching and learning
- Values/Global citizenship focus through shared learning within the Church of England Diocesan Companions framework of partnerships e.g. Diocese of London ALMA
- Exploration of diversity within Christianity in western and non-western community contexts
- Depth of engagement and progressive exploration of core values inherent in the Christian teaching “Love your neighbour as yourself”
- Opportunities for schools to creatively engage in their own live relationships and to reflect on their experiences.
- Transformational teaching and learning through resources that have at their heart an encounter between UK students and Mozambican students
The resources stand alone but can be used as a pathway to explore the opportunities that exist for a school to develop sustainable partnerships building on established ALMA-initiated partnerships between churches and communities across London and Mozambique.